Welcome to the homepage of the Community Development Department of Barbados.
To provide the highest quality professional Social Work in Community Development services, achieving strong, cohesive communities and in so doing transform the physical social and economic landscape of Barbados into one that is sustainable, fully developed and socially just.
The Community Development Department aims to be a vibrant hub and benchmark for community activity and prosperity that exemplifies the spirit of Barbadian social capital and the highest levels of sustainable productivity.
About the CDD
The Community Development Department was established in the early 1970’s and mandated to function as a mobilising agency to facilitate individuals and groups achieving the following objectives:
• Positive physical, economic social change within communities.
• A spirit of self- reliance, entrepreneurship and enterprise development lending to sustainable development and the reduction of poverty.
• Community empowerment, cohesion, employment creation, cultural development and enhanced social functioning.
Latest News & Articles
- The Consumer Shield ProjectThe University of the West Indies Cave Hill Campus Social Work Field Education Programme presents “The Consumer Shield Project” Ms. Dawn Munroe and Ms. Rasheena Grant, two final year students in the BSc. degreeprogramme in Social Work at the University… Continue Reading…
- Sign-Up Now For The Community Technology Programme
- CTP Sign-Up ProcessA walkthrough of how to sign-up for the Community Technology Programme.
- 2020 ITS For Teens Closing CeremonyThe outcome of the 2020 Information Technology Summer Teens Programme, with the announcement of the winners in the Individual and Group categories.
- ITS For Teens Update – RegistrationThe Community Development Department would like to thank the Barbadian public for the overwhelming response to our Summer Teens Programme. We would like to inform you that registration closes on August 6th, 2020. Programme commences August 10th, 2020. We would… Continue Reading…